3 Delicious and Easy Christmas Desserts for a Crowd Recipes
Did you start to prepare Christmas gifts and Christmas ham? You won’t have a perfect holiday if you forget all about dessert. Let’s get ready to serve up delicious desserts with a minimum of fuss. Learn and try any one of these festive sweet treats to surprise your guests at that day.
Pavlova with Fresh Fruit
PREP: 30 MINS COOK: 1 HOUR SERVES: 6-8
- Preheat the oven to 150℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put 4 egg whites in a small bowl and leave it stay at room temperature for 20 minutes. Add cream of tartar and salt into it. Whisk it with a hand mixer or a blender of medium speed until it forms soft peaks. Then whisk in 250 caster sugar, 1 tablespoon per time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Place several dollops in appropriate size on the baking tray, forming a shallow well in the center with the back of a spoon. Bake at 225℃ for 1 hour or more until set and lightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and leave the Pavlova completely cool inside the oven.
- Before serving, whisk cream and almond extract in a small bowl until stiff peaks form. Spoon it into meringue shell. Top the fruits you like and finish. 4 Easy Apple Recipes For Kids and Family
Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce
PREP: 15 MINS COOK: 35 MINS SERVES: 20
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease the bottom of the square baking tray.
- Pour 2 cups sifted flour, ½ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves and ½ cup wheat germ into a large bowl or the bowl of electric mixer.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a medium size bowl until frothy. Stir in 1 cup buttermilk, ¾ cup molasses and ⅓ cup vegetable oil. Mix well all of them.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and them mix well.
- Place into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 35 minutes until the top can spring back when pressed. Put the pan on wire rack for cooling down.
- To make lemon sauce, put ½ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and ⅛ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Stir in 1 cup boiling water and bring to boil again, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer, stirring, until sauce is thickened and clear. Add 2 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind and 3 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Cut warm gingerbread into suitable sized squares and place them on beautiful plates. Pour the lemon sauce over them. How to make coffee in cone at home
No-Bake Chocolate-Pecan Tartlets
PREP: 30 MINS COOK: 5 MINS SERVES: 45 Tartlets
- Crushed 20 vanilla waffers and place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon spiced rum or 1 tablespoon water plus ½ teaspoon rum extract. Mix it well. Let stand 15 minutes. Then, stir in 3 tablespoon finely chopped pecans.
- Microwave ½ cup sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl, covered, on high for 15 seconds.
- Stir in ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Microwave 15-30 seconds longer or until blended, stirring twice. Stir into wafer mixture.
- Place 5.7 ounces in total frozen miniature phyllo tart shells on serving plate. Fill each with 1 teaspoon wafer mixture and 1 teaspoon coconut-pecan frosting. Sprinkle with additional chopped pecans. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dazzle your holiday table with these easy-to-make desserts. Have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends. Wish you a merry Christmas!