Drinking Lemon Water: What You Need to Know
Inexpensive, digestive, nutritive, detoxified, beauty-care and weight-loss, taking about these functions, what will pop into your mind? It’s not an elixir sold on late-night infomercials. It’s lemon water. Now, let’s explore how to make this magic lemon water and know more about the benefits and side effects of drinking lemon water.
How to Make Lemon Water?
- A lemon
- Warm or room temperature water
- Water pitcher
Step 1: Wash the lemon carefully. And then cut the lemon into several slices.
Step 2: Fill the pitcher with warm or room temperature water. Then squeeze some of lemon juice in the water. After that, never format put the rest lemon to the pitcher, as lemon zest contains the flavonoid limonins.
Step 3: Add mint or honey to the lemon water to your taste.
Actually, there is another easy way to make lemon water with Lemon Squeezer Water Bottle. Just cut the lemon in half and then squeeze the lemon with the build-in conical squeezer. Then add warm water to make a cup of lemon water.
- How much: In general case, half of lemon in 8 to 12 ounces for each person is recommended.
- How often: Once a day.
- When: Drink it first thing in the morning before breakfast.
- Water temperature: Warm or room temperature water will provide the most health benefits and allow for the full enzymatic and energetic properties of the lemon. On the contrary, boiling water will destroy some of the enzymatic properties of the lemon water, while iced water will hinder the digestive benefits.
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
There are many health benefits of drinking lemon water that have been known for centuries. Below will lists the main benefits of a cup of lemon water.
- Improves digestion: Acid helps break down food. The acid in fresh lemons can be helpful to supplement stomach acids.
- Detoxifies the liver: It will enhance enzyme function which helps stimulate your liver and flush out the toxins.
- Loses weight: It’s hard to lose weight once you’ve put them on. Lemon water will put a damper on your appetite and make it easier to eat less.
- Keeps skin looking fresh: Lemon water helps to decrease blemishes and wrinkles. It also rejuvenates skin & body healing and maintains your skin’s radiance.
- Supplies adequate Vitamin C: Lemon is rich in Vitamin C.
- Boosts immune system: Vitamin C in lemon helps to improve the strength of your immune system and increase your energy levels.
Side Effects of Drinking Lemon Water
There are always too much of a good thing, like drinking demon water. Understanding the side effects of lemon water can help you get its maximum benefits.
- Tooth Erosion: Lemon water can gradually erode the enamel on your teeth, which makes you more sensitive to temperature changes. To protect your teeth, you can drink lemon water through a straw. And, remember brush your teeth after drinking.
- Heartburn: Remember extremes are dangerous. Even though lemon water can reduce heartburn, if you drink too much, it may have the opposite effect.
That’s all you should know about drinking lemon water. Now, let’s start your day with a cup of lemon water.