The French press is the only way that we brew our coffee around here. It extracts the most flavor out of the coffee, minimizes the bitterness, and gives the coffee a smooth, clean flavor. I love how French press are a simple, affordable, and delicious way to brew coffee.
• This French Press is sleek and modern looking. I really like the glass and steel look.
• It comes with extra mesh attachments for when the original wears down. This increases the shelf life of this product.
• Simple to use. The plunger goes down smooth.
• Most French press that I have purchased from various locations brew 32-34 oz. Then makes two large travel mugs of coffee, or 4 regular cups to have fore company. This French press only brews 28 oz ( a little less when you factor in the coffee grounds on the bottom).
• The lid of plunger does NOT have an open spout area making the pouring of the coffee very slow. So imagine a tea pitcher. You turn the lid to the open hole to pour the tea. This press has no open part. Pouring is not impossible, but it took over a minute to pour the coffee, compared to just a few seconds for our other presses. I tried to take a picture of the coffee at its maximum pour speed.
Overall, this is a well built, nice looking French press. It is not perfect, and the price is on the higher side. I will use it as my backup, and it would be a great gift. *DISCLAIMER* This product was provided at a discounted price in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.