Pros and Cons of Coffee You Need Know
Everyone knows that it is possible to have too much of a good thing, so does coffee. Coffee has always been praised and mocked. Here today let’s explore the scientifically proven healthy benefits and disadvantages of coffee.
We all know Caffeine, the ingredient of coffee. Its advantages have been researched quiet well. But Caffeine only makes up a mere 1%-2% of a coffee bean. There are many ingredients are unknown until now. Research on coffee is nowhere near finished. Below some proven pros and cons of coffee will be listed.
10 Pros of Coffee
1. Coffee helps you focus and keep refreshed: Consuming moderate amounts of coffee makes you refreshed and helps you focus and stay alert.
2. Coffee is skincare: Coffee contains antioxidant which can prevent your skin from aging and oxidizing.
3. Coffee helps you lose weight: Coffee contains magnesium and potassium, which helps your body use insulin. In this way, Coffee can regulate your blood sugar levels to reduce your craving for eating.
4. Coffee reduces cancer risk: Studies show that moderate caffeine intake may decrease the risk of developing prostate cancer in men by 20 %, and endometrial cancer in women by 25 %. Also, drinking moderate coffee everyday can reduce colon cancer risk by 25%.
5. Coffee cuts the pain: A study shows that 2 cups of coffee can cut post-workout muscle pain by 48%.
6. Coffee protects you against Parkinson’s: It is researched that coffee can reduce the risk of Parkinson’s disease by 25%.
7. Coffee protects you against cirrhosis of the liver: Recent years, there are studies show that coffee can protect lover because of its polyphenols.
8. Coffee lowers risk of Type II diabetes: A study shows that people who consumed a cup of coffee everyday have a 6% lower risk of diabetes. The study even shows that consuming 6 or more cups per day will decrease risk by 22%.
9. Coffee decreases risk of heart disease: Researchers found that those who drink 3-5 cups of coffee a day have less risk of heart disease.
10. Coffee helps fight depression and lower suicide risk: Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and boosts production of neurotransmitters, which brighten your mood.
6 Cons of Coffee
1. Coffee cause insomnia: Too much caffeine intake will excite your central nervous system and make you hard to fall asleep.
2. Coffee may accentuate illness: Drinking too much is deadly for those who have high cholesterol, hypertension or coronary artery disease.
3. Coffee may lead to osteoporosis: Coffee may interfere with the calcium absorption which may cause osteoporosis in middle and elder women.
4. Too much coffee is harmful to pregnant women: If you drink too much coffee when pregnant, it may delay fetal growth or increase rates of birth defects.
5. Coffee can aggravate heartburn: Coffee may cause acid reflux and heartburn due to the way it relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter.
6. Coffee is harmful to your kids: It is suggested to reduce the caffeine intake of kids below 12 as few as possible.
Above, pros and cons of coffee have been listed. Coffee is awesome, but is also harmful. Moderate coffee intake benefits your health. But, always remember that you can have too much of a good thing. Drinking too much coffee is harmful. If you are healthy, lower than 6 cups of coffee per day is OK. But if you are pregnant or you have high cholesterol or hypertension, please do not drink coffee more than one cup a day.