How to Clean Your Coffee Pot in a Thorough Way
Coffee has become a necessity in people’s daily lives. You are used to drinking it in the morning before work to refresh the spirit. But do you know how to wash your coffee pot thoroughly and how often you should wash it? However, not all of us know the detailed answers.
As a matter of fact, the coffee pot should be cleaned once a month or half a month. After daily use, it will be found scales deposits, sour coffee oil residues and other dregs at the pot bottom, which will play a role in ruining the taste of your coffee if you do not remove them timely.
Below are the steps to help you clean your coffee pot:
Material for mild cleaning: Vinegar and water at the ratio of 1:2.
Material for powerful cleaning: A pot of water; two denture cleansing tablets
Please do not dissolve the tablets in the coffee pot; in case tablets are not well dissolved in the pot, the whole cleaning process will be prolonged.
Or 4 cups of hot water, 30ml citric acid and 4 cups of cool water. Mix the hot water and 30ml citric acid first and then add into the mixture with the other four cups of cool water.
Do not use the mixture of baking soda and lukewarm water in case of pot jam.
- 1. Set a layer of filter paper in the coffee pot as usual;
- 2. Pour the mixture into the pot;
- 3. Turn on the switch to allow the pot well immersed in the mixture;
- 4. Remove the filter paper and pour out the mixture;
- 5. Turn off the coffee pot and cool it down for 15 minutes;
- 6. Wash the pot under running water;
- 7. Repeat steps mentioned above, but only use cool water. Or if the time is tight, smell the pot after the first round of wash. No need to wash the pot again if there is no vinegar smell.
- 1, If the coffee pot is made of tempered glass, which is apt to be broken even though it is sturdier than regular glass, do not cool down a heated glass under cool water directly.
- 2, Do not rinse your coffee pot with soap or detergent or it will merge with the coffee oil, leaving the coffee pot harder to clean.
- 3, Do not clean the coffee pot in a dishwasher.