How long does tea last in the fridge
On a hot summery day, most of people, include my father, look forward to storing the tea in the fridge just for easier as-needed sipping. Iced tea is perfect for a summer refresher. But do you know how long will it stay good? Let’s find out the answer of how long does tea lasts in the fridge?
How long does tea last in the fridge?
We usually can’t drink out the whole batches of iced tea, if we keep it too long, the tea maybe is harmful to your body. So, According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), iced tea should only be stored in the fridge for eight hours. When the time is out, iced tea should be quitted to drink. Theoretically speaking, this should be followed without any objection. While, according to the life experience, the iced tea is good for one day or even three or four days.so, just remember do not beyond four days or more, otherwise, the flavor will get bad. On the other hand, you need to prepare clean, sterilized brewing and storage vessels. It can make sure of good flavor. And if the tea starts getting thick or smells sour, it means bacteria affected. Don’t drink that tea!
How to make tea keep longer? Learn how to keep your tea fresh and delicious with these easy tea storage tips:
- 1. Firstly, The best way is to store the tea in the fridge, in the meantime, it is should be in a sealed airtight container that completely blocks light and that you can remove as much air as possible.
- 2. Secondly, you must avoid light, heat, moisture, odor and air as soon as possible.
- 3. Thirdly, Store far away from anything with a strong odor.
- 4. What’s more, Strain out tea leaves and discard or reuse. If using tea sachets, discard.
- 5. Leave the sugar out of the brewing process because it will cause the tea to ferment and grow bacteria faster. simple syrup, honey dust, maple dust will be a good choice.
- 6. Make the hot tea, allow the finished hot tea to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator to chill, which stops the brewed tea from clouding and serves up a clean glass of iced tea. Don’t leave brewed tea at room temperature longer than eight hours.